Kansas City Disability Mentoring Day (DMDKC) started almost 12 years ago and is part of a nationwide effort to promote career development for students and adult job seekers with disabilities through hands-on career exploration, mentoring, and events featuring sessions on interviewing, resume writing and more.
Each year the month of October is designated as National Disability Employment Awareness Month. Disability Mentoring Day promotes employment opportunities for all job seekers with disabilities through information and career exploration.
Thank you to our Hosts and Sponsors!
MISSOURI HOST & SPONSOR is MidAmerica Alliance for Access and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Conference Center.
KANSAS HOST & SPONSORS are Olathe Persons with Disabilities Advisory Board and MidAmerica Nazarene University.
The Missouri Disability Mentoring Day event will be held on Wednesday, October 26, 2016, at Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Conference Center, 4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, Missouri.
The Kansas Disability Mentoring Day event will be held on Thursday, November 3, 2016, at MidAmerica Nazarene University, Bell Cultural Events Center, 2030 College Way, Olathe, Kansas.
If you are a person with a disability pursuing employment, this event gives you an excellent opportunity to:
- Increase and enhance your job readiness skills.
- Network with employers to learn about different types of careers.
- Visit with service organizations on how they can help you in your job search.
- Learn about entrepreneurship.
You are encouraged to make the most of this opportunity by preparing ahead of time.
- Professional attire is strongly recommended.
- Come with a positive, upbeat attitude. This is your chance to shine brightly.
- Network and meet as many new people as you can. Networking is a valuable tool when searching for work.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume to share.
These events are free of charge to any individual with a disability living in the Kansas City metro area. Always remember each year to register in advance, by the deadline (when announced), to receive a free lunch.